Viticulture News and Meeting Updates
- Grapes: Extension: Viticulture Notes: summaries of vineyard and winery activities across the state.
- Upcoming Meetings
Grower Information and Resources
Links to checklists, guides, presentations, references, and tip sheets for growers and Extension agents.
2. Recommended Publications
- Wine Grape Production Guide for Eastern North America
- 2016 Pest Management Guide: Grapes
- Virginia Sustainable Vineyard Program
3. eViticulture : A national viticulture extension resource.
4. East Coast Viticultural Suitability Investigative Tool: This web application is used to display maps and utilize geoprocessing tools built for the USDA-SCRI funded project, "Improved grape and wine quality in a challenging environment: An eastern US model for sustainability and economic vitality."
5. Extension Presentations: PowerPoint presentations from previous industry meetings. more >>
6. Dormant pruning presentations: Online presentations. more >>
7. Compost Use in the Vineyard
- A Practical Guide to the Application of Compost in Vineyards–Fall 2003 (PDF | 2MB)
- Compost Use in the Vineyard (PDF | 1005KB)
- Notes on Composting Grape Pomace (PDF | 79KB)
- Mid-Atlantic Composting Directory
8. Grapevine Petiole Sampling Instructions
9. Grape Pest Management
- Virginia Grape Diseases Update Blog
- Grape Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- IPM Elements (PDF | 232KB)
- Pest Management Guide Vineyards 2014 (PDF | 347KB)
10. Additional resources: In-depth articles and web-based tools. more >>
Virginia Grape and Wine Organizations